Friday, February 17, 2017

Slow Down...and smell the Powder!



OK, this one minute clip probably won't win an Academy Award, but I hope it highlights two things:  First, how easy and fun it is to shoot slow motion with your cell phone (loving my Moto Z Play!), and Second, most importantly, how easy it is to take advantage of fresh snow when you have a snurfer.

I took this video in the hilly woods right outside my condo in the Boston Suburbs.  You don't need much of a hill to have a great time, and you don't need much time to get in some runs...if you have a snurfer.  This hill has a slope that's probably a hundred yards or so long, but really wide and with tons of trees to snurf around.  And since I don't have to drive anywhere, I can get in a great workout in an hour or two...outside in the fresh air and the fresh powder...and for PHREE!  Even if your own hills require a short drive, its a lot less (driving...time...money) than a day trip to a resort.  Why not take advantage of it?

So, if you can't "Stop and Smell the Roses" in winter, you can surely slow-motion your way through fresh powder on a snurfer!


No comments:

Post a Comment